CashBox for Salesforce
All graphs shown in the Dashboard are generated for the same time frame, as selected at the top of the Dashboard.
To create Dashboard graphs:
1. Select a time frame.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the date range to change the selected date range.
- Click the gear to change the date range by selecting a pre-defined range:
- Past Week
- Past Month
- Past Quarter
- Past Year
- Custom # of Days
- Click OK to save your selection, and regenerate the graphs, or Cancel to close the window and return to the Dashboard.
2. Click the plus button to open the Add Graph window, and select a new graph.
Add Graph: Transaction Window
3. Select Transaction to generate a graph based on your Transaction data, or Subscriber to generate a graph based on Subscriber data.
4. Select one of the pre-configured graphs, or select Custom, and click Next to open the Edit Graph window for that selection.
Add Transaction Graph Dialog
The Add Graph dialog allows you to define the parameters by which your graphs will be generated. Both pre-defined and custom graph parameters are editable. Pre-defined graphs simply come pre-loaded to produce the most commonly accessed CashBox data analysis.
5. Enter a Graph Name, and select options for Graph By, Status, and Summarize Data By. (These options vary, according to whether you have selected to generate a Transaction or Subscriber Graph, and are described in more detail below.)
6. Select a Graph Type:
- Bar: standard bar graph (lined up side by side).
- Bar (Stacked): standard stacked bar graph (stacked in front of one another).
- Line: includes data points, if checked.
- Pie: generates slices by the Summarize Data By selection.
7. Select whether or not to Show Data Points. Note that the Show Data Points option is available only for the Line graph.
8. Select to Aggregate By Day, Week, Month, or Year.
9. Click Show Filters to add a filter to your data.
Select a Filter from the pulldown menu. (Available filters match those listed as aggregators for their respective Graph Type: Transaction or Subscription.)
Use the All Values and Chosen Values panes to define your filter.
Click the (minus) button to the right of a filter to remove it from the list.
Click Add Filter to add more filter parameters.
10. Click Submit to generate your graph.
Custom Line Graph
From the graph’s header bar:
- Click the down arrow to download the graphed data as a CSV file.
- Click the gear to open the Edit Graph page, and change graph parameters.
- Click on the X to delete the graph from the Dashboard.
Click the down arrow beneath a graph to open the Graph Options pane, from which you may deselect elements shown in the graph, or add a “Trending” line to Line graphs. You may also select whether or not to fill the area under a Line graph with a matching wash, for greater visibility. (Pie charts do not offer these options.)
Graph Options Pane
The Graph Options pane lists all “Summarize Data By” types in your graph. For instance, selecting Summarize Data by: Currency will list all included Currency Types in the Graph Options pane.
The Graph Options pane also includes an option to reposition your Legend, and a Highlight Weekends checkbox. Select this checkbox to add grey bars to your graph, marking weekends.
The Dashboard is interactive.
- Drag and drop generated graphs to rearrange them in the Dashboard.
- Mouse over points in the graph to open an information text box for that point, with more detailed information.
- Drag the mouse to define a zoom area on a Line or Bar graph.
- Click Reset Zoom to return to the original scale.