CashBox for Salesforce
EDD Recurring Billing
The following diagram describes the Payment Capture flow for batch processed, recurring transactions using an AutoBill when the customer provides a Payment Method of EDD.
Payment Capture Flow: Batch (AutoBill) Processing and EDD
For recurring billing with EDD:
- CashBox sends the customer a Pre-Bill, End of Trial, or Expiration notification.
- If, after receiving a notification, the customer opts out of the subscription on the merchant’s self-service portal, CashBox sends the customer a Cancellation notification.
- (In cooperation with Vindicia Client Services, merchants define the number of days before the subscription expires for CashBox to attempt billing. As long as the customer does not opt out of a subscription, CashBox continues to submit billing transactions to the payment processor.)
- CashBox performs an internal validity check to ensure that the account and payment-method information meets the internal consistency criteria.
- If the transaction passes the validity check, processing continues.
- If the transaction fails the CashBox consistency check, or if a failure is received from the payment processor, CashBox sends the customer a Hard Fail notification.
- After the transaction funds are deposited, CashBox sends the customer a Success notification and gives the AutoBill object the Authorized Pending status. At this time, a merchant application can either entitle the customer, or require that the customer wait until the transaction is successfully captured (that is, no decline is received for the deposit). That period of time in the current EDD implementation is four banking days.
- The payment processor submits the transaction to the appropriate payment network. Following network rules, the payment network either deposits the funds into the merchant account or notifies CashBox of any declines.
- If the deposit is not declined after the payment-processor-specified number of banking days have elapsed, CashBox marks the transaction Captured.
- If the deposit is declined due to insufficient funds, the payment processor retries the deposit after the number of days predefined by the merchant have elapsed. CashBox then waits for another deposit cycle (four banking days).
- If the customer's transaction is declined, CashBox marks the transaction as a Hard Fail and sends the customer a Hard Fail notification.
- If a transaction is refunded, CashBox sends the customer a Refund notification.