CashBox Portal User Guide
CashBox for Salesforce
GlobalCollect Hosted Merchant Link Transactions
The following diagram describes the Payment Capture Flow for a GlobalCollect Hosted Merchant Link (HML) transaction.
Payment Capture Flow: GlobalCollect Transactions
The GlobalCollect HML payment processing flow differs from other flows in that, depending on the selected payment provider, GlobalCollect will redirect your customer either to a GlobalCollect page, or to a page served by the selected provider.
Note GlobalCollect HML supports Recurring Transactions only for PayPay and Direct Debit. All other payment products are One-Time only.
Both One-Time and (initial) Recurring Transactions using GlobalCollect HML as a Payment Method step through the following process:
1. Customer selects payment product on your web page, and clicks Submit.
Note This page must allow your customer to select the GlobalCollect payment provider they wish to use for the purchase. Once selected, submit this information to CashBox to pass on to GlobalCollect.
2. Call Transaction.auth (or AutoBill.update) to create the Transaction (or AutoBill), and set its status to New. (Include the paymentProductId with the HostedPage object to define the payment product you will be using. See the HostedPage Subobject in the CashBox API Guide for a list of supported payment providers.)
(Calling Transaction.auth (or AutoBill.update) will initiate a 3 hour session, during which finalizeCustomerAction must be called. If finalize is not called within this period, the session with GlobalCollect will time out. CashBox will then call GlobalCollect to get the status of the Transaction, and update the CashBox Transaction status.)
Note Due to GlobalCollect’s 20 character limit on refund transaction IDs, themerchantTransactionId passed with this call must be 20 characters or fewer, or you will be unable to use this ID to issue refunds for the Transaction.
CashBox supports calling AutoBill.update only for PayPay and Direct Debit payments. All other GlobalCollect payment products used with this method will fail.
3. CashBox creates a new Transaction, with status: New, and submits the order to GlobalCollect with your returnUrl (as passed with the HostedPage object).
The returnUrl defines the URL to which your customer is redirected after completing the process on the GlobalCollect HML pages. This URL may be defined per transaction, or configured for all transactions on your account using the GlobalCollect Implementation Manager.
4. GlobalCollect initiates the session, and returns the HML customer redirect URL to CashBox.
5. CashBox sets the Transaction status to AuthorizationPending, and returns the redirect URL to you.
6. Redirect your customer to the page specified in the redirect URL.
Note For PayPal and Direct Debit, this will be a GlobalCollect landing page. For all other payment providers, it will be a third party page.
7. On the redirect page, your customer submits additional (sensitive) payment information to their selected payment provider.
8. GlobalCollect sends the payment information to the selected payment provider, and directs your customer back to your website.
9. Call Transaction.finalizeCustomerAction (orAutoBill.finalizeCustomerAction, as indicated) to finalize the transaction.
10. CashBox calls GlobalCollect to check the Transaction status.
11. GlobalCollect returns the status of the order in its system to CashBox.
12. CashBox verifies the payment status to determine if the transaction has been successfully passed to the payment provider.
13. Once the status has been returned, redirect your customer to your Order Confirmation page.
After Order Confirmation, GlobalCollect sends a daily report file to notify CashBox of Transaction status changes in the GlobalCollect system. After receiving the file, CashBox updates the payment status. (The status of these transactions may be obtained using standard CashBox fetchDeltaSince calls.)
This process may take several days, which varies by payment processor. During this time, CashBox assumes that the Transaction has been Authorized. If no notification is received to the contrary after the following time periods, CashBox will check the Transaction’s status with GlobalCollect, and update your CashBox system to match.
Moneybookers: 5 business days
Paysafecard: 5 business days
Ukash: 5 business days
Direct Debit (Germany): 6 business days
Recurring Direct Debit (Germany): 6 business days
Direct Debit (Austria): 6 business days
Recurring Direct Debit (Austria): 6 business days
Direct Debit (Netherlands): 5 business days
Recurring Direct Debit (Netherlands): 5 business days
Direct Debit (Spain): 7 business days
Recurring Direct Debit (Spain): 7 business days
PayPal: 5 business days
iDEAL: 5 business days
Sofortuberweisung: 5 business days
Yandex: 5 business days
Webmoney: 5 business days
CashU: 5 business days
Alipay: 5 business days
Refunding GlobalCollect Hosted Merchant Link Transactions
Use the merchantTransactionId to manually refund GlobalCollect transactions through the GlobalCollect UI.
Once the refund has been processed, CashBox will receive notification of the transaction’s new status in the GlobalCollect daily report, and update your CashBox system accordingly. The results of this update may be obtained using standard fetchDeltaSince calls.