Vindicia Subscribe Portal User Guide
- Vindicia Subscribe Portal User Guide Overview
Chargeback Reason Codes
Payment Capture Flows
Billing Notifications and Templates
Vindicia Subscribe Dashboard
Using the Vindicia Subscribe Portal
Vindicia Subscribe for Salesforce
Click the Edit Account link in the upper right corner of the Account Details page to open the Edit Customer Account page, as shown below.
Edit Customer Account Page
The Edit Customer Account page is divided into panes. The top pane allows you to modify customer information.
To edit Account information, simply edit the provided fields, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Submit to save your changes.
Click the Merchant Data link to add customized name-value pairs to the Account. This information may be used to search and sort your Accounts. For more information, see Section C.4.15: Working with Custom Data.
The Sales Tax Exemptions pane allows you to add and modify sales tax exemptions for the Account.
Payment Method panes allow you to update, reorder, or delete existing payment methods, and add new payment methods. When more than one Payment Method is associated with a customer Account, they are listed in order of preference for use.
The AutoBills pane allows you to create new AutoBills for the Account.
For more information on the fields available in the Edit Customer Account page, see Table C-5: Vindicia Subscribe Account Parameters.
The AutoBills table, at the bottom of the Edit Customer Account page, lists details about the AutoBills associated with the customer Account, and allows you to create new AutoBills for the Account, and Cancel existing AutoBills. Note that the PAYER ID column in the Aubobills table (Figure 3-6) is present only when at least one of the records in the list has a Payer ID that is different from the CUSTOMER ID of the containing account.
- Click Create New AutoBill to add another AutoBill to the Account.
- Click Cancel All AutoBills for This Account to remove all AutoBills from the Account.
To cancel an individual AutoBill, see Section 7.5: Stopping an AutoBill.
Creating New AutoBills on an Account
The Edit Account page allows you to add a new AutoBill to the Account.
Click Create AutoBill to open the Create New AutoBill page, and add an AutoBill to this account.
For more information, see Section C.4: Creating an AutoBill on an Account.
When you edit an Account, you may cancel all AutoBills associated with the Account.
Note To cancel an individual AutoBill, see Section 7.5: Stopping an AutoBill.
AutoBill cancellation typically occurs when a customer requests a refund, when a customer no longer wants a Product or service, or when there is a chargeback associated with the customer Account. When you cancel all AutoBills, all future billing events are cancelled for that AutoBill. You may also specify that the customer should be immediately disentitled, or you can allow entitlement to continue until the AutoBills’ end date.
To cancel all AutoBills associated with an Account, click Cancel All AutoBills for this Account to open a pane with cancellation options.
Note AutoBills may not be reinstated once they are cancelled.
Cancel All AutoBills on an Account
1. Select cancellation options:
- Check Cancel ALL AutoBills for this Customer to cancel all AutoBills for the Customer. (Customers may have multiple Accounts.)
- Check Send AutoBill Cancellation Notice to issue a Cancellation Notice to your customer. (You must have both an email template and a statement template on file with Vindicia Client Services for this notice to be issued.)
2. Select an Entitlement Termination Option.
- Allow Customer Access Until End of Current Entitlement Period, the default option, allows a customer continued access to a Product or service already paid until the current billing period ends (as specified in the AutoBill End Date).
- Terminate Customer Access Immediately cancels customer access to a Product or service as soon as you submit your changes to Vindicia Subscribe.
3. Click Submit to post all modifications to the Account, including cancelling all AutoBills, or clickCancel to discard your modifications.
Once an AutoBill is cancelled on an Account, the AutoBill Status is changed to Stopped.
Note If Vindicia Subscribe has already submitted a billing Transaction on an AutoBill to the Payment Processor when you attempt to Cancel the AutoBill, the customer may be billed, even if Cancellation succeeds.
If this condition occurs when you cancel an AutoBill, Vindicia Subscribe displays the following warning message:
The AutoBill was successfully cancelled. However, the transaction listed below is being processed and was not able to be cancelled automatically. You may need to take additional steps to fulfill the customer’s request.
Transaction ID: <transaction_ID>, Current Transaction Disposition Status:<status>
- <transaction_ID> is the Transaction identifier for the transaction that is in process.
- <status> is one of the following:
- New: The transaction may result in a captured transaction because internal systems may have picked up the transaction for processing. This status can occur when the transaction payment method is CreditCard, ECP, PayPal, Skrill, or Boleto.
- Authorized: The Fiscal Number has been verified and the Boleto Bancario slip to print has been sent to the customer via the merchant. There is no way to cancel this transaction because the transaction is now in the customer’s hand. This situation should not result in a billing event, because fulfillment is dependent on customer action. This status can occur when the payment method is Boleto.
- DepositRetryPending: A retry is already being processed in the payment processor system that may result in a successfully completed transaction. There is no way to cancel retries that are being performed in payment processor systems. If there are sufficient funds in the customer’s account, the transaction may be completed. This status can occur when payment method is ECP (ACH or CPA).
- AuthorizedPending: The transaction has been submitted to the payment processor (ECP), or is waiting for the bank to respond (Boleto), and may result in a successfully completed transaction. There is no way to cancel the transaction.
- AuthorizationPending: The transaction is awaiting authorization by the customer, and may result in a successful transaction if the customer completes the Authorization process (PayPal first time setup only).