Vindicia Subscribe Portal User Guide
- Vindicia Subscribe Portal User Guide Overview
Chargeback Reason Codes
Payment Capture Flows
Billing Notifications and Templates
Vindicia Subscribe Dashboard
Using the Vindicia Subscribe Portal
Vindicia Subscribe for Salesforce
Creating an AutoBill on an Account
Vindicia Subscribe allows you to add multiple AutoBills to a single Account.
To create a new AutoBill:
1. Go to the Account Details page for the Account for which the AutoBill will be created.
2. Click the Create AutoBill button at the top of the page, to open the Create New AutoBillpage:
Create New AutoBill Page
3. Enter AutoBill information.
- Enter a unique AutoBill ID for the new AutoBill.
- Enter a short, descriptive AutoBill Name to identify this AutoBill on customer Billing Statements.
- Select the Currency in which the AutoBill will be paid.
- Select an AutoBill Start Date to indicate when the AutoBill takes effect.
- Select a Billing Day: the day of the month on which billing should occur.
- Select whether to Send Email on Expiration of the AutoBill. (Emails will only be produced if Email templates have been supplied. See Billing Notifications and Templates for more information.)
Note When creating a new AutoBill, if the Start Date is within the pre-billing notification period (Net Terms field), and the Account receives pre-billing notifications, and the selected Billing Plan is set up to send notification for the first billing period, then the customer will be sent a pre-billing notification for the AutoBill.
If the Start Date is within the expiration notification period (Billing Period: Email before Expiration field: the time before a Billing Period’s expiration that an email will be sent), the customer is billed immediately.
4. Enter Billing Notification settings.
- Select the Invoice (or Billing Statement) Format for the AutoBill: Attachment, Inline, orDo Not Send.
- For Payment Method Type: Pay by Invoice, use the Net Terms field to define the number of days after the billing date that the Invoice will fall due. For any other Payment Method Type, use the Net Terms field to define the number of days before the billing day that the Billing Statement will be sent.
- Enter the name of the Invoice (or Billing Statement) Template to use for this AutoBill.
- Enter your Affiliate or Sub-Affiliate IDs, if applicable.
Note The Invoice Format, Net Terms, and Invoice Template fields are used to define parameters for both Invoices and Billing Statements. Invoices will be sent only for AutoBills which use the Pay by Invoice Payment method. For all other Payment Method types, these fields are used to define Billing Statement settings.
For Billing Statements,
- The Invoice Format field defines the Billing Statement Format.
- The Invoice Template field defines the Billing Statement Template.
- The Net Terms field defines the number of days before billing that notification will be sent.
5. Enter Custom AutoBill Data, if desired.
All name-value pairs included with an AutoBill will be automatically copied to any resultant Transactions. For more information, see Working with Custom Data.
6. In the Customer Account pane, select a Payment Method for the AutoBill.
7. In the AutoBill Items pane, add Products and enter a Quantity for multiples of a product if appropriate.
You may select multiple Products. The first Product listed will be used as the Primary Product for the AutoBill. For more information, see Upgrading an AutoBill.
8. Select a Billing Plan for the AutoBill.
While the Billing Plan pane offers details about the selected Billing Plan, these fields are not editable.
9. Click Submit to create the AutoBill, add it to the Account, and open the AutoBill Details page for the new AutoBill. Click Cancel to cancel your changes, and return to the Edit Customer Account page.
For more information on the fields displayed, see Vindicia Subscribe AutoBill Parameters.
Adding Products to an AutoBill
Vindicia Subscribe supports multiple Products on an AutoBill. Products may be added for multiple Billing Cycles, and may be priced in currency or tokens.
Create AutoBill: Add Products Pane
To add Products to an AutoBill:
- From the Create or Edit AutoBill page, click Add Product.
- Select a Product from the pulldown menu.
- Select a Start Date: the date on which the Product’s entitlements will become Active, and the price for the Product will begin to be added to the AutoBill (if applicable).
Start Dates may be entered with the format yyyy-mm-dd, 1 week (or 2 days, weeks, months, or years), or 3 seasons.
Leave this field blank for a Start Date of when the Product was added to the AutoBill.
- Enter a Campaign Code if you wish to apply a discount to this Product only.
- Use the Cycles field to enter the number of Billing Cycles during which the Product should be included in the AutoBill. Select unlimited if you wish the Product to remain active until explicitly removed.
- Enter a Quantity if appropriate.
- Define whether the Product will use its Default Price, a Rate Plan, or a custom Price.
- To include the Product for the price of the Billing Plan, enter Override: 0 Fixed Amount.
- To add a tiered pricing Product, select a Rate Plan from the pulldown menu.
To add a set price Product:
- Select a Price for the Product:
- Click Default to load the price defined for the Product.
- Click Override: Fixed Amount to enter a custom price for the Product to this AutoBill only.
For more information, see Pricing Options for AutoBill Line Items.
To add a Rate Plan priced Product:
- Use the Override: Rate Plan pulldown to select a Rate Plan for the Product.
When working with Rate Plans, be certain that either the Billing Plan or the Rate Plan has an associated Price per Cycle for Units included with the Rate Plan. If neither the Billing Plan nor the Rate Plan assigns a charge to Units included with the Plan, Included Units will be free, and no charge will be levied against your customer until they surpass this number of Units
- If you wish, add an Event to the AutoBill. (An Event is a recorded use of a Rated Product.)
- Enter the number of Units to add in the Unit Amount field, and enter an Event ID,Event Date, and Description, if desired.
- Click Add New Data to add Custom Data for the recorded Event.
For more information, see Rate Plans.
- Record the AutoBill’s first Rated Unit event (optional).
- Enter the number of recorded Rated Units in the Unit Amount field.
- Enter an Event ID to associate with this addition.
- Enter an Event Date for the record. (For multiple events, simply enter the total number of Units, and select a date prior to the creation of the AutoBill.)
- Enter a Description for the entry.
Vindicia Subscribe offers the option to record Rated Unit Events that occur previous to the creation of the AutoBill. This option must be used to record the number of licensed seats purchased with the Rate Plan
8. If you are editing rather than creating this AutoBill, select an Update Option.
- Update Now, No Proration: Adds/removes the Product to/from the AutoBill immediately, without prorating the price. The AutoBill will complete this Billing Cycle, at the old rate, but with entitlements to the new Product. The next Billing Cycle will bill at the new rate.
- Update Now, Prorate: Adds/removes the Product to/from the AutoBill immediately, and prorates the charge or refund for the added or removed product for the remainder of the Billing Period. If the update causes the price of the AutoBill to change, that difference will be reflected in a one-time charge (or refund). Use the pulldown menu to select whether your customer should be charged the prorated amount immediately, or with their next scheduled bill.
- Update Next Billing Period: Adds/removes the product at the beginning of the next billing period, and bills accordingly.
9. Click Submit to save your changes, and return to the AutoBill Details page.
Pricing Options for AutoBill Line Items
A Product may be defined with either Standard or Rated Pricing. Standard Pricing is a flat fee for the product. Rated Pricing is a sliding scale fee, based on the number of Product Units consumed. For example, Standard Pricing may set the cost of access at $12.95 per month. Rated Pricing may set the cost of access at 10cents per minute for the first 500 minutes, and 5cents per minute for any number after the first 500.
AutoBills may contain any combination of Rated and Standard Pricing Products.
For more information, see Rate Plans.
When adding Products to an AutoBill, you must define whether to define a Price for the Product, or to apply a Rate Plan. Options differ for Rated Products and flat rate Products.
Create New AutoBill: Add Product
Use Rate Plan: None to define standard pricing plans. Use Rate Plans to define tiered pricing structures.
For example, you may have a monthly subscription Billing Plan defined, which charges your customer $40/month for basic access. You may also have one Product defined that grants customers Web Magazine access for $30/month, and a second Product defined which grants customers Blog access for $20/month.
In defining the AutoBill, add the Billing Plan and both Products. Set both the Web Magazine product and the Blog product Price Override to $0, and your customer will receive access to both Products for the Billing Plan Price of $40/month. Select Price: Default for both products, and your customer will receive the same access for $90/month.
For more information on using Rate Plan pricing systems, see Rate Plan Examples.
Note Selecting the Free checkbox when creating or editing a Billing Period will cause it to override any Billing Plan or Product price settings selected when creating an AutoBill. A Billing Period with the Free checkbox selected will always be free.