Specify a unique ID for the Rate Plan.
Do not change the Rate Plan ID unless absolutely necessary, as existing records in the CashBox database may reference the current ID.
An informative description of the Rate Plan.
Select an existing Unit from the dropdown menu, or create a new Unit, by defining both its singular and plural names. (These names appear in customer Billing Statements.)
- Included Units—the number of units included in the base subscription, before rated billing begins.
- Decimal Places—the degree of accuracy. For example, 99.999 is three Decimal Places.
- usage—calculate the fee per Billing Cycle based on the number of Rated Units reported during the Billing Cycle.
- license based—calculate the fee per Billing Cycle based on the last reported number of Rated Units for the AutoBill.
Define how the value entered in the Rate Price (Tier Price) field will be interpreted.
- per unit—calculates charges per individual unit (multiplies the number of units reported for a Billing Cycle, by the appropriate Tier Price).
- flat fee—calculates charges per Tier (charges the defined Tier Price, based on the number of reported units, without additional calculation).
Calculation method by which this Rate Plan determines the price to bill for a Billing Cycle.
- Each—for each respective Tier, multiplies the number of Rated Unit Events for the Billing Cycle by the Rate Price for the Tier in which they occurred; and calculates, for each respective Tier, the charge by Tier use. That is, if a Tiered Plan is defined as $2 for 0-9 units, and $1 for 10-100 units, a customer who uses 15 units will be charged $2*9 + $1*6 = $24.
- Highest—to the highest applicable Tier, multiplies the total number of Rated Unit Events for the Billing Cycle by the price for the Tier in which the total number occurs.
For 15 units at $1.00 per unit, for example, Highest would calculate the charge by multiplying 15 units by $1.00, for a total charge of $15.