Your unique identifier for the Subscription.
Your name for the Subscription.
Note that this is for your internal use, and is not the same as the description that will appear on your customers’ credit card statements.
Enter an informative description of the billing plan.
For Payment Method Type: Pay by Invoice, defines the format in which Invoices are generated for your customers. For all other Subscriptions, defines the format in which billing statements are emailed to your customers.
- Do Not Send—no statement is sent
- Attachment—sends statements as PDF attachments to the statement email
- Inline—sends statements as inline plain text
For Payment Method Type: Pay by Invoice, defines the template used for Invoices. For all other Subscriptions, defines the (uploaded) template used for billing statement emails.
Custom text field, used to track your affiliates.
Custom text field, used to track your sub-affiliates.
The current service status of the susbscription. Subscription status provides a clear and mutually exclusive indicator of the current service status of a subscription, and of its place in its life cycle. The Status field is read-only.
- Active: The Subscription is actively granting entitled service and billing in accordance with the assigned Billing Plan and associated Subscription Items.
- Canceled: The Subscription is no longer actively granting service. It has been canceled due to user, merchant, or system action—for example, the customer has opted out of recurring billing or canceled the service; API calls to cancel the subscription or stop billing on the Customer have been made; or if a chargeback is received against a transaction generated by the Subscription. Canceled is a terminal and permanent status. The Billing condition of this Subscription is clarified by the current Billing State. Note that the customer who owns the Subscription is entitled until the Subscription's end-date.
- Deleted: The Subscription was administratively removed—the content of this status can only be displayed in custom and specialty reports.
- Dryrun: The Subscription was temporarily created in service of a dry run—it will not be available beyond the duration of the dry run.
- Expired: The Subscription is no longer actively granting service—its fixed or non-recurring plan has ended and no further billing is scheduled or possible.
- Legacy Suspended: This status is used in limited scenarios for legacy Subscriptions that ended with a Hard Fail status but which did not otherwise meet the conditions of the new status values.
- Pending Activation: The Subscription has been fully created, has a start date that is in the future, and has not yet granted entitled service and is not yet billing. The Subscription start date can still be changed.
- Pending Cancel: The Subscription is Active but scheduled for cancelation. The Subscription will leave active service at the current end date.
- Processing: The Subscription is newly created and still being administratively defined. It is not currently providing entitled service and is not yet billing. Typically this status will be Pending Activation: the Subscription has been completely created but has a future start date. The Subscription is not yet granting entitled service and is not yet billing. The Subscription start date can still be changed.
- Unknown: For internal use or test purposes.
- Upgraded: A terminal status given to an older version of a Subscription that has been explicitly transitioned using the AutoBill.upgrade() API method.
The billing state presents the financial billing condition of the Subscription. This data member defines the current billing condition of the subscription, and in combination with the status field, provides a definitive representation of the current condition of a Subscription. The billing state field is read only.
- Unknown: For internal use or test purposes.
- Good Standing: Billing for the current billing period was successful
- Free/Trial: The subscriptions current Billing Period definition (as specified by the current Billing Plan) is forcibly free. This can be a temporary state or for the duration of the billing period configured to be free-or permanent if the Billing Plan is permanently free. This state does not apply when the free condition is arrived at due to a Campaign application.
- In Retry: The Subscription is still active but in retry, and has at least one billing period in which there was a failed attempt to charge; the Subscription is still within the configured retry period and may yet be saved by automated processes or customer action. This state corresponds to the prior Soft Error status. In the new scheme, it will only be paired with the Active status.
- Unusable Payment Method: The Subscription is still active but is in retry, and has at least one billing period in which there was a failed attempt to charge, and received an error code designated as a Hard Fail, which is expected to be unrecoverable. The Subscription will remain in this state, in the expectation that a new payment method will be provided by the customer, until the specified retry, or grace period, expires. This state corresponds to the previous Hard Error status when the Subscripiton end date has not passed
- Billing Completed: The Subscription is not active; it successfully completed all required billing and has no further scheduled billings.
- Failed to Collect: The Subscription is no longer active, having exhausted the retry period without a successful payment method update. This state corresponds to the previous Hard Error status, in which the Subscription end date has passed. This state will only exist for an Subscription with the status: Canceled.
- Overdue: The Subscription is assigned a Merchant Accepted Payment (MAP) payment method (invoicing) and has at least one overdue invoice.
- Pending Acceptance: The Subscription uses a payment method that requires merchant or customer action before charges can be processed, and is waiting on that external action or approval.
- Free Period: The Subscription is currently in a free or $0 billing period for any period excepting a Free=True condition on the initial billing period only, (which uses the Free/Trial state).
- Terminated: The Subscription has been forced into a terminal state by system or merchant action. No further billing is planned.
- Grace Period: The Subscriptoin has an unpaid balance and is in the retry period but has passed the last scheduled retry attempt-the only path to recovery is a successful payment method update (usually customer intervention). The Subscription is still active and entitled until the end of the Grace Period.
Required. The ISO-4217 three-letter format for the default currency associated with the subscription.
Note that for a subscription that is paid using tokens, currency is displayed as _VT.
Specifies when the subscription was activated
The day of the month on which the subscription is set to bill. If you select a number greater than the last day of a given month, the subscription will bill on the last day of that month.
For Payment Method Type: Pay by Invoice, defines the number of days after the billing date that the Invoice will fall due.
For all other payment types, defines the number of days before a payment is processed that a billing statement will be sent to the customer
The minimum number of billing cycles for this subscription.
Send Email Before Expiration
Based on the billing plans rules for the number of days to send before expiration, this flag will indicate if an email notification will be sent prior expiration. (i.e. before the next billing event for the billing plan takes place.)