- CashBox Release Notes 22.0.1
- CashBox Release Notes 22.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 21.0.4
- CashBox Release Notes 21.0.3
- CashBox Release Notes 21.0.2
- CashBox Release Notes 21.0.1
- CashBox Release Notes 220.127.116.11
- CashBox Release Notes 18.104.22.168
- CashBox Release Notes 21.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 22.214.171.124
- CashBox Release Notes 20.0.5
- CashBox Release Notes 20.0.4
- CashBox Release Notes 20.0.3
- CashBox Release Notes 20.0.2
- CashBox Release Notes 20.0.1
- CashBox Release Notes 20.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 19.0.1
- CashBox Release Notes 19.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 126.96.36.199
- CashBox Release Notes 188.8.131.52
- CashBox Release Notes 18.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 17.0.2
- CashBox Release Notes 17.0.1
- CashBox Release Notes 17.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 16.0.6
- CashBox Release Notes 16.0.5
- CashBox Release Notes 16.0.4
- CashBox Release Notes 16.0.3
- CashBox Release Notes 16.0.2
- CashBox Release Notes 16.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 15.0.1
- CashBox Release Notes 15.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 14.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 13.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 12.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 11.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 10.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 9.0.1
- CashBox Release Notes 9.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 8.0.2
- CashBox Release Notes 8.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 7.0.2
- CashBox Release Notes 7.0.1
- CashBox Release Notes 7.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 6.0.0
- CashBox Release Notes 5.0.1
- CashBox Release Notes 5.0.0
CashBox Release Notes 20.0.1
New Features and Enhancements
This release contains the following new features or enhancements
Handling of “Tax Service Not Available” scenarios enhanced
CashBox provides three options for how it handles Transactions when your tax vendor is off line or otherwise unable to calculate taxes. You should consider balancing the risk of losing the customer or the revenue of a specific transaction against the impact of not collecting the appropriate taxes. Best practice suggests allowing the immediate transaction to proceed (see options below) and either filing/paying the uncollected tax or accepting a lower amount by paying taxes out of what was collected as if it were tax-inclusive.
Vindicia can configure your merchant options to react in one of the following ways when a given transaction
fails to calculate taxes:
Proceed with inclusive taxes (default)—the transaction will complete authorization, returning a 202 response code, and subsequently capture for the pretax subtotal only. The transaction will be posted to the configured tax service as a tax-inclusive event (similar to a VAT) instead of adding the tax to the price, so that the final price charged to the customer does not change, but you record a tax liability from the appropriate tax rate out of the collected amount.
For example, for a single-item charge that would normally incur a 10% tax rate, a $10 charge is made, and taxes on $10 transaction are filed as $9 charge + $1 tax (instead of a $11 transaction filed as $10 + $1 tax). This would be limited to transactions where the configured tax service was unavailable at the time the transaction was authorized.
- Proceed without taxes—the transaction will complete authorization, returning a 202 response code, and subsequently capture for the pre-tax subtotal only. The Transaction will not be posted to your configured tax service. You will be responsible for handling tax filing on such charges (using the CashBox report or API data to identify tax that was not collected).
- Fail with error—the transaction will fail authorization with a 408 response code.
Note: The Vindicia Transaction Object will be flagged and reported in the "Tax not collected" field in the
Transaction Detail Report to allow you to track when this occurs.
Add Namespace to PHP Library
In response to many customer requests, we have reworked our PHP client libraries so that the various Vindicia object classes are in a separate namespace. For example, what we would have called "AutoBill" is now called "Vindicia\Soap\AutoBill".
The old-style PHP client libraries that don't use the namespaces are still available from our Web site at https://secure.vindicia.com/docs/client_library/ for SOAP versions through 20.0.0.
The new PHP client libraries with namespaces are also available from the same page (they appear below the other PHP libraries, in a separate section). They are available only for SOAP versions 19.0 and 20.0. If you are interested in having libraries that use the Vindicia\Soap namespace made for other SOAP versions, contact Vindicia Client Technical Support.
Going forward, for any future SOAP versions beyond 20.0, we will only issue PHP libraries that use the Vindicia\Soap namespace.
Revenue Recognition reports available in CashBox Portal
CashBox now offers the ability to run Revenue Recognition reports in the Portal, and to schedule one-time reports and weekly, monthly and quarterly reports in advance. For reporting periods that do not align with the calendar week, month, or year, you can run a one-time report and specify both a start and end date (to support typical reporting periods such as 5-4-4, and so on).
Transaction Detail Report now displays payment type for MAP transactions
The Transaction Detail report now includes descriptions (check, cash) in the Payment Method Type column for Merchant-Accepted Payments (MAP). This allows merchants to easily distinguish data by payment method used. The information is drawn from the paymentType attribute set when the merchant provides payment information.
The following Bugs were Fixed in this release.
|CB-24780||Discounts for replaced items are added onto next transaction after AutoBill.modify() with effectiveDate=nextBill||When using AutoBill.modify() with effectiveDate=nextBill to replace an AutoBill item with a discount, under certain conditions the discount on the item that was replaced would still be applied to the next billing. This has been fixed.|
|CB-25858||Errors when unicode characters (such as 'ø', 'ä', 'ß') are part of the input in hosted fields||Using the Hosted Order Automation, Hosted Fields (HOA 2) payment interface, which uses field-level iframes, some entered values that used extended-ASCII characters such as o-umlaut (ö) and e-acute accent (é) were being omitted. This has been corrected using single byte UTF-8 characters in web sessions for HOA 2 users.|
|CB-25959||Merchant unable to refund a transaction with a chargeback that had been disputed and won||Merchants were unable to refund some transactions because the refund link did not re-enable when the associated chargeback was successfully disputed (in the CashBox Portal). This has been fixed. The Issue Refund link on a Transaction is enabled if the associated chargeback has status: Won, Collections-Won, or Pre-Arbitration Won.|
|CB-26025||Seasonal AutoBill canceled for Hard Failure does not stop Entitlement||AutoBills with seasonal billing plans that ended due to Hard Error were leaving the customer entitled for the remainder of the season. This has been fixed and those customers now are disentitled at the end of the defined grace period.|
|CB-26075||AutoBill Billing state error||A small number of AutoBills that were live and in Good Standing were incorrectly marked as Expired status because their end date had temporarily been put into the past. This has been fixed.|
|B-26097||Installment billing via Seasons: code 500 errors when calling AutoBill.cancel||Calls using AutoBill.cancel with settle = true could fail if called against an AutoBill that utilizes an installment billing plan with initial free periods while the subscription was still in the initial free billing period. Resolved to ensure initial free period of an installment-billing scenario is processed correctly.|
|CB-26106||Direct Debit SEPA Merchant Link AutoBill Portal Mandates Link 500s||An HTML error was encountered when attempting to view Direct Debit SEPA mandates in the Portal when a custom template was defined. This has been fixed.|
|CB-26153||Unable to create an AutoBill in the Portal, getting error: The selected currency has no associated prices in the billing plan Error||Clarified error handling when a portal user contradicts an assigned AutoBill currency in product/item selection.|